- Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley
Hub for area volunteer opportunities. Complete online form for individuals or groups.VCVV (Facebook)
- DONATION/NEEDED ITEMS HUB (Living Water Church)
Donations accepted & items available for flood victims. For current hours see their Facebook page
View needs list, updated in real time, here: bit.ly/FloodNeeds
- CLEAN-UP KITS:
- Clean-up Kits (Living Water Church of the Nazarene)
Kits provided by Red Cross include buckets with cleaning supplies.
- Clean-up Kits (First United Methodist)
Plenty of flood buckets containing bleach, masks, gloves,mm sponges, soaps, and trash bags. Stop over at First United Methodist Church, 718 Clay Street, if you need one! -Per Pastor Matt German 9/29
- HYGIENE KITS:
- Hygiene kits (North Cedar Fire Station)
"hygiene bags" available provided by Salvation Army, which include soap, washcloths, toothbrushes, etc. A few feminine supplies available also.
- Showers (Cedar Falls Recreation Center)
Located at 110 East 13th St., the Rec Center is available for residents who need showers, per Danielle at the Center, 10/2. Just indicate you are a flood victim; you don't need to be a member. Shower kits/toiletries/towels may be available.
Hours/contact information listed at Center webpage
- (NO LONGER AVAILABLE) Showers (North Cedar Fire Station)
- Hot meal 5pm daily at Living Water Church
Canned/non-perishable food items, bottled water, and toiletries/cleaning supplies also available for pick-up.
- Salvation Army: Waterloo/Cedar Falls
Salvation Army (Facebook)
Canteen support with food/water. Per staff member Grace Kole Fee, financial donations are most useful.
- Water (North Cedar Fire Station)
Drinking water available from spigot in front of building. Bring your own containers. Bottled water may be available in porch area.
- Water (Cedar Falls Hy-Vee)
- Garbage pick-up
Per Mayor Jim Brown 9/26: For removing sandbags, please just set them curbside. City staff will pick them up in due time.
Per Mark Miller, City Council, 10/17: For debris pick-up, call the City at (319) 273.8629 and they will do a bulk pick up. There will still be no charge for private individuals needing this service.
- Garbage drop-off site (CF, North Cedar area)
Garbage can be taken to a City dumpster located behind the old bread store, 2816 Center Street or placed at the side of street. Please try to place it away from your water valve, if possible.
- Free storage (U-Haul)
Free storage for 30 days.
- Free business storage & office space (TechWorks)
TechWorks Campus is offering temporary storage and office space to Cedar Valley businesses impacted by recent flooding, for up to one month at no charge.
Please direct inquiries to:
Wes James, Vice President Operations Director,
319-430-1473 & WJames@cedarvalleyalliance.com
- More to add? Contact me at email@example.com