Advanced Google Searching
Limit by domain name to see results only from .org sites or .gov sites. Example: Iowa arts site:.gov
Add the word statistics to your search terms if that's what you need.
Add a + before a word to force Google to include it (note there is not a space after +). Example: arts +statistics
Limit to government sites for statistics. Example: arts economic impact site:.gov
Use quotation marks to search for logical phrases. Example: arts "economic impact"
Cedar Falls Resources
Cedar Valley Resources
Questions to Consider
Working together with your group, review your group's questions and explore the sources suggested provided on the library research guide to find answers.
The questions document saves changes automatically. Please edit in your group’s section only & don’t edit above the line. :)
- Open the questions in a new tab. Respond directly below each question.
- Number each response to match the questions.
- Don't forget to cite your sources. Just a URL is fine.
- Explore! If you can't find an answer, include other relevant information you come across that is interesting or surprising.
- Try advanced Google searching tips on this page.
- Be ready to share with the class what you learned, how you feel, and what you want to do next.
Cedar River Levee Improvements: Flood Control (CIP #26)
Mapping: Map Updates (CIP #29)
College Hill Streetscape (CIP #74)
Public Safety Building: Consolidated Public Safety (CIP #81)
Industrial Park Land Acquisition (CIP#90)
Disc Golf Improvements (CIP #112)
Horse & Rider Sculpture Replacement: Public Art Projects (CIP #143)
Ballistics Vest Replacement (CIP #166)
Library Exterior Weatherproofing (CIP #158)
National Sources & Journals
For Rod Library subscription resources, valid CatID is required for off-campus access. Journals are online unless otherwise noted.