Advanced Google Searching
Limit by domain name to see results only from .org sites or .gov sites. Example: childhood obesity site:.gov
Add the word statistics to your search terms if that's what you need.
Add a + before a word to force Google to include it (note there is not a space after +). Example: childhood obesity +statistics
Limit to government sites for statistics. Example: childhood obesity statistics site:.gov
Use quotation marks to search for logical phrases. Example: arts "childhood obesity"
Questions to Consider
Working together with your group, review your group's questions, linked below:
Explore the sources suggested provided on the library research guide to find answers.
The questions document saves changes automatically. Please edit in your group’s section only & don’t edit above the line. :)
- Open the questions in a new tab. Respond directly below each question.
- Number each response to match the questions.
- Don't forget to cite your sources. Just a URL is fine.
- Explore! If you can't find an answer, include other relevant information you come across that is interesting or surprising.
- Try advanced Google searching tips on this page.
- Be ready to share with the class what you learned, how you feel, and what you want to do next.