Advanced Google Searching
Limit by domain name to see results only from .org sites. Example: Iowa hunger site:.gov
Add the word statistics to your search terms if that's what you need.
Limit to government sites for statistics. Example: hunger statistics site:.gov
Use quotation marks to search for logical phrases. Example: "food insecurity map"
Domestic & Family Violence, Child Abuse
Financial Literacy (Youth)
Questions to Consider
This activity should help you prepare for working with your selected agency as well as assisting you in gathering information for upcoming reflection papers.
Working together with your group, review your/your group's questions and explore the sources suggested provided on the library research guide to find answers.
The questions document saves changes automatically. Please edit in your/your group’s section only & don’t edit above the line. :)
- Open the questions in a new tab. Respond directly below each question.
- Number each response to match the questions.
- Don't forget to cite your sources. Just a URL is fine.
- Explore! If you can't find an answer, include other relevant information you come across that is interesting or surprising.
- Try advanced Google searching tips on this page.
- Be ready to share with the class what you learned, how you feel, and what you want to do next.
Pregnancy & Parenting
Youth & Early Childhood Development
Spring 2017 Office Hours: most Mondays 1:30-3:30 outside McCollum 201; Tuesdays/Wednesdays 8am-10am in Rod Library 270