Science Daily environmental news feed
The EPA Blog feed
How to find research articles on your specific topic with OneSearch
- Go to the Rod Library website – http://www.library.uni.edu (or just Google UNI Library)
Use the main search box, OneSearch, which searches many of Rod Library's paid resources including scholarly articles, books, e-books, etc. Using the Advanced Search will give you more options.
- Type in your topic and search.
Use quotation marks around logical phrases (ex. "water quality")
Click on Subjects that are listed for articles of interest (under About) to do new searches on related topics.
- After you get results you can refine by using options in the left column:
- To find news sources, you can limit to Newspaper Articles or other options under Source Type. See also the Find Magazine/Newspaper Articles tab above.
- If you want scholarly sources, check the box labeled Peer-reviewed Journals to limit your search to quality research.
- Adjust the Publication Date slider bar to a recent date range e.g. 5 years ago to present if you are looking for more current research.
- Select Expand My Results checkbox to search for more than articles UNI has access to through our paid subscriptions (ie. if you want to search a larger universe of research literature - and are willing to use Interlibrary Loan.