You can create direct links in your eLearning pages to online resources found in many licensed library databases.
Companies that provide online library resources require individuals to identify themselves as UNI students, staff, or faculty before they can use these materials from off campus. The Rod Library provides software that requires students, staff, and faculty to identify themselves (with CatID information) prior to accessing online library resources off campus. Without this software (and without correct ID) there is no off campus access.
This guide gives step-by-step directions for creating links to articles, journals, databases, and books on your eLearning course pages so that students will be able to access them from both on and off campus.
4th Annual UNI Distance Education Conference
Handouts from Faculty Focus Workshops
Contact the following Liaisons at Rod Library for more information about linking to Rod Library services and resources in your eLearning modules.
- Angie Cox -- email: email@example.com; phone: 319/273-2839
- Anne Marie Gruber -- email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 319/273-3711
- Jim Kelly -- email: email@example.com; phone: 319/273-2810
- Jerilyn Marshall -- email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 319/273-3721
- Kate Martin -- email: email@example.com; phone: 319/273-7255
- Chris Neuhaus -- email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 319/273-3718
- Angela Pratesi -- email: email@example.com; phone: 319/273-6257
- Leila Rod-Welch -- email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 319/273-3730