Essential Rod Library Tools
- UNISTAR (Search for books in Rod Library and electronic books)
- Subjects A-Z (Find out what databases are most useful for your topic and search them all at once)
- Databases A-Z (Select a database from this alphabetical list and use it to search for articles)
- Ask Us! (Chat, email, call or text your questions)
- Research Consultation (Meet with a librarian one-on-one to help with your research)
This guide lists examples of language and culture reference sources, databases for finding journal articles, website examples, and other publications that cover topics of interest to students taking this course. Other guides, such as Anthropology and Communication Studies, may be helpful, too.
Some of the titles on this handout are available in print at Rod Library; these entries include a location and call number such as "UNI Reference P 29 E48 2006."
The other titles on this handout can be accessed on the Web. Some of these are licensed by Rod Library, and off-campus use is restricted to currently enrolled UNI students and UNI employees. To access such titles from off campus, you will need to enter your UNI CatID. Other websites on this handout include at least some free information.