Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Advanced Google Searching
Limit by domain name to see results only from .org sites. Example: Iowa hunger site:.gov
Add the word statistics to your search terms if that's what you need.
Limit to government sites for statistics. Example: hunger statistics site:.gov
Use quotation marks to search for logical phrases. Example: "food insecurity map"
Demographic Resources (age, race, poverty, etc.)
Census Bureau data by state/county/city
Questions to Consider
This activity should help you work effectively with your selected agency. It will also help you gather information for upcoming reflection papers, especially population/demographic data.
Working together with your group, review your/your group's QUESTIONS and explore the sources suggested provided on the library research guide to find answers.
The questions document saves changes automatically. Please edit in your/your group’s section only & don’t edit above the line. :)
- Open the questions in a new tab. Respond directly below each question.
- Number each response to match the questions.
- Don't forget to cite your sources. Just a URL is fine.
- Explore! If you can't find an answer, include other relevant information you come across that is interesting or surprising.
- Try advanced Google searching tips on this page.
- Be ready to share with the class what you learned, how you feel, and what you want to do next.
Local Hunger & Food Insecurity Resources
College Students & Food Insecurity
National Hunger & Food Insecurity Resources
Census Bureau data by state, county, city, etc. Includes poverty statistics.