UNI CatID/passphrase required.
ARTICLE 1 PDF: Fagre, A. C, Patyk, K. A, Nol, P., Atwood, T, Hueffer, K., & Duncan, C. (2015). A review of infectious agents in polar bears (Ursus maritimus) and their long-term ecological relevance. EcoHealth, 12(3), 528-539.
ARTICLE 2 PDF: Pagano, A. M, Durner, G. M, Amstrup, S. C, Simac, K. S, & York, G. S. (2012). Long-distance swimming by polar bears (Ursus maritimus) of the southern Beaufort Sea during years of extensive open water. Canadian Journal of Zoology, 90(5), 663-676.
Can't get the pdfs? Try these links instead:
When considering the 2 provided articles, think about & discuss:
1. Who or what were the subjects of study?
2. What data set was used/analyzed?
3. What were the researchers wearing when they gathered data?
4. What were the overall findings/results?
When considering the 1 article we're going to focus on, think about & discuss:
1. Who are the authors? What do we know (or can we Google) about them?
2. Where was this published? What do know (or can we Google) about it?
3. How current is it?
4. What further research is suggested?
5. How would we find more like this?