Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is UNI ScholarWorks?
UNI ScholarWorks collects, preserves, and makes available the digital research and creative and scholarly output from the UNI community.
Examples of works that can be added include faculty journal articles, dissertations and theses, conference proceedings, concerts and performances, and photographs.
Benefits for Posting Works to UNI ScholarWorks:
Ensures long-term access to the university's scholarship
Enhances the quality of teaching and research
Collects content in a single location
Creates global visibility for an institution's scholarly research
Increases institutional global visibility
Stores and preserves other institutional digital assets including unpublished or otherwise easily lost "grey" literature (e.g., theses or technical reports)
Improves community outreach and engagement
Global Readership Map - The Reach and Impact of UNI
More information about UNI ScholarWorks
UNI Faculty Senate Resolution
This resolution encourages contribution to the UNI Institutional Repository and to initiate discussions about Open Access.
Therefore, be it resolved:
- Whenever possible members of the UNI community should endeavor to retain the right to use their own work and to deposit such work in the UNI digital repository.
- Use of the Addendum to Publication Agreements for University of Northern Iowa Authors is endorsed as the primary method and preferred tool for retaining such rights.
- That individual members, academic departments, and other constituent groups of the university community begin to:
- learn more about the international Open Access movement,
- understand the benefits and challenges of the Open Access philosophy and Open Access efforts within the scholarly communication system, and
- consider the most appropriate role of the Open Access philosophy and efforts in university procedures and policy.
-Endorsed by the Faculty Senate at the University of Northern Iowa on April 28, 2014